Many of our patients who are dealing with one or more missing teeth are looking for a solution that can help restore the way their smile looks and functions. At C4th Dental Centre, we offer dental implants for tooth replacement that looks and feels very close to your natural teeth. Whether you are missing one tooth or a number of teeth, dental implants provide natural-looking results our patients appreciate.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants are favoured by many of our Seaforth, NSW patients for the following reasons:
- Dental implants are permanently integrated into the jawbone, so there are no worries about the restorations slipping or moving.
- Patients who opt for dental implants can enjoy all of their favourite foods without restriction.
- With proper care, dental implants are durable and can last for many years.
- Because dental implants mimic the tooth root in the jawbone, the body continues to send nutrients to the area, preserving the jawbone from shrinking.
- Dental implants protect the remaining teeth in the mouth from shifting.
What Is the Dental Implant Process?
After you have had an evaluation with Dr Lincoln Huang to help determine if implants are the best tooth restoration for your situation, the process usually works like this:
- Dr Huang will conduct a thorough examination to determine if you have enough healthy bone to support the implants. If you do not, he can talk to you about any additional procedures that might be necessary, such as bone grafting.
- The dental implants are placed during a surgical procedure that takes about an hour to an hour and a half. Well-known for his gentle touch, patients of Dr Huang find that the surgery is tolerated well by most. Dr Huang will go over instructions on proper care of the surgical site after the procedure.
- The healing process generally takes place over a period of three to four months, and it is during this time that the implant is integrated into the bone. This process, called osseointegration, is what gives the dental implants their stability.
- After the healing process, Dr Huang will attach a dental crown to the implant, completing the procedure.
Do I Need to See a Specialist for the Implant Surgery?
Dr Huang is skilled at placing the implants as well as providing the restorations for more than 20 years so that you can receive your dental implant treatment, from start to finish, at our Seaforth, NSW dental clinic.
What If I Am Missing Multiple Teeth?
Every missing tooth can be replaced with a dental implant. But patients who are seeking an alternative might opt for All-on-4 dentures where only four implants are placed, and a full arch of dentures are attached to them. This provides the best of both worlds, giving dentures the stability of an implant without having an individual implant placed for each tooth.
We Invite Your Call to Our Seaforth, NSW Dental Surgery
Find out more about your tooth replacement options, including dental implants and All-on-4 dentures, at C4th Dental Centre. Dr Huang looks forward to speaking to you about restoring your smile.